April 16, 2008

Niagara Falls

Okay, so since I seem to be the queen of the non-traditional photos I thought I'd share one of my favorites from Niagara Falls. In the front of the photo is snow and ice. The stuff that looks like sand pictures is really layers of dirty icy snow. I just love the way the colors layer - even though I know what it really is. Behind the icy sand pictures is the "American Falls." Due to the topography of the land and the borders of the two countries one set of falls are in the United States and the other is in Canada. The American Falls consists of two smaller (referring to width of the falls, not the drop) falls. The Canadians got the horseshoe! Again today we are travelling with Jessica, Jason, Fred & Henry (more about them for DOT). Tuesday night we stayed in a B&B in Seneca Falls, we had a lovely breakfast and headed out to Niagara Falls. First we walked around the American side where the views are very limited. Both of these photos are of the American Falls and taken from the US side. The Falls are absolutely breathtaking from this side, but wait until I show you photos from the other side. Let me just say this: 1 - the photos don't do it justice; and b - the Americans got gypped!

4 comments :

  1. I am so glad that you are having a good time! And you are sooooo right about the falls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you having fun out there? Shlepping around from b&bs to tourist attractions, seeing the grandeur of the falls... how are you staying awake for all this? the lattes? the sock knitting? I'm exhausted just thinking about it... baking choc. croissants in the morning. I'd toss you one if you were close by...okay, you go have more fun now. I'll come back to watch you gloat later. (those better be good photos, J.B.)*smooches* C

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool. i've always wanted to see the falls.

    teri

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs