April 2, 2008

Swing Bag

One of the last remaining projects from my weekend of sitting, eating, laughing and sewing - was the the SWING BAG from amy butler. This is a very cute bag with minimal pattern pieces - 2 to be exact. The purse body and the straps.
I have been using this bag for 2 days now and while I really like it - I made a couple of mistakes. You see - I thought I knew what I was doing when I added pockets. Unfortunately, Miss Butler knew what she was doing when she designed this bag - without pockets! See pockets just get in the way - they are always flopping open and some of the smaller pockets are too close to the bottom of the bag to be easily accessible. So - I plan on making another version of this bag - exactly according to the pattern instructions - which I must say made me laugh out loud. Don't believe me - well try this out - #1 cut out all pattern pieces. She's not talking about out of fabric which was what I thought until I read #2 - cut all pattern pieces from fabric! DOH.

7 comments :

  1. I really like the colors and the pattern of the bag. Hope you are having a great day.

    Your Swap partner

    Spring Fling Coffee Swap

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty bad...love the colors!

    teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one cute bag!!! hint hint... j/k like I need another bag! You'll be in NYC in 7 days! and I'll see you in 8!!!! SO exciting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this bag and also the fabric is great! Is it Amy Butler fabric as well?.......Beautiful Work!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs