November 26, 2010

Slowing the Season

I won't be out shopping on Black Friday.
I'm taking the "Slowing the Season" Pledge. 
Care to join me?

Slowing the Season Pledge


Please join us in our effort to reduce stress, reduce our carbon footprint, really slow down and enjoy the holiday season this year and in years to come. Exchanging gifts isn’t a big part of holiday preparations. For me and my family, the holidays are not about how much you spend, how much you give or receive, but spending time with loved ones making memories.

In an effort to achieve this goal – I plan to do the following to the best of my ability:
~exchange gifts only with my immediate family;
~give handmade gifts with meaning;
~give supplies to make a something that the recipient would enjoy;
~participate in free, local holiday events;
~buy from local artists whenever possible; and
~try to create one new family tradition.
We're just reclaiming the PEACE and JOY of the season.

If you care to join us in slowing the season - feel free to use my badge (or create your own) and add the pledge to your blog.  Between now and Christmas share little ways you are reclaiming the Peace and Joy of the Season with you family.

Happy Holidays!

6 comments :

  1. Bravo, babe! You know I'll be joining you when I get around to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    I love the thought of this Slowing the Season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I can't join in on this one. I do my shopping and or crafting throughout the year and by the last month I just enjoy baking and getting together with friends. Planning ahead saves me from holiday frenzy.

    I do hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You have a plan not to be driven insane! My girls went out for Black Friday, as they always do, although I don't know why, and I'm shopping from this very chair and nowhere else this year. That is my low stress, no carbon footprint idea for this year.

    Hope your turkey day was a happy one. We were given the gift of Sham-wows as a joke, after someone spilled an entire bottle of diet coke last year. Last summer's groom thought it was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the thought of Slowing The Season... great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs