November 2, 2006

Will She or Won't She?

Okay I'm back and ready to get into the swing of things. Just not sure where to start. I'm trying to decide if I can make a top, skirt and sweater jacket tomorrow on my first Friday off. Our ASG Annual Meeting, potluck, and silent auction is Saturday. This year, they have thrown a challenge to Sew an Essential Wardrobe ("SEW"). This wardrobe only consists of 5 pieces - 2 tops, 2 bottoms, and a jacket. Same basic rules apply - 1 print, everything works together. There were a few additional items - like most of the fabrics had to come from stash and all items had to be made in 2006. I think that the brown suede skirt I recently finished works well with a print top that is mostly done. Then I have a raspberry boucle type knit for a cardigan. I have a tobacco colored linen for a gored skirt - which would leave me having to come up with one top. The gored skirt would be super simple, I think I can whip the cardigan out, no problem. It's just the last top. I'm thinking about a creamy off-white sleeveless turtleneck top. Will have to pull fabrics when I get home tonight. Of course - here's the rest of the dilemma. I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do have to clean the house, do laundry, walk dogs, and work-out. Beau & Lucy both have vet appointments tomorrow at 3:10 - my vet's office is at least 30 minutes away on a good day. Lately we've been having rain - so not a good day, will probably take about 45 minutes to get there. Once I manage to get home with 2 large, wet dogs, who will be groggy after getting their shots - Hubby and I have to be in Mount Vernon for a play at 7. Again - on a good day this is an hour's drive. But we're talking about a rainy Friday evening!! The meeting starts at 10 on Saturday morning - wish me luck.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs