November 12, 2006

So Today

My friend from ASG Elizabeth - the one with the great taste, awesome eye and incredible talent - came over. First she loved up my dogs. They loved her right back. Then we headed down into the sewing room where I put on the muslin dress and she said it looks great. Then we headed upstairs to my closet to look at clothes, formals I had made for my girls and JB's holiday 'suit.' Finally, we headed out on a shopping trip. First (and ultimately only) stop - Hancocks. We found a couple of really great pieces of fabric. A brown with embroidered baby blue swirls - print was too big, looked busy. A really dark navy blue tonal of the same print. Like it, but didn't love it. A pretty pink brocade with gold and maroon flowers and a maroon silk that coordinated to keep the pink from being too close to my skin - wasn't enough there! So, we headed over the home dec fabric where I found a lightweight poly with a tonal print in sage. I absolutely loved this fabric, but of course the color didn't love me and made me look washed out. So we kept looking we found the same fabric in several light colorways - none of which worked for me. Finally we found it in a bluish/greenish/grey! Bingo! Holiday dress here I come. After picking up the dress fabric, lining, zipper, thread and a circle cutter ($19) I am now out $59. If you add in the $10 I spent on the faux fur wrap to wear with this dress, this year's holiday party outfit will cost right around $50 - not bad. I already have shoes, tights and jewelry! Yea. Now to prewash the fabric and start working my way toward a little green dress.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs