November 4, 2008

Coffee Swap

Since I'm doing the joining thing and playing along with the Amazing Autumn Coffee Swap, we have a weekly topic. This week's topic is: This morning I sit here sipping a fresh cup with a bit of cream and some sweetener . . . . and the first sip makes the morning seem just a bit better than it was before. I love the smell, the warm feel of the cup in my hand, the taste - just everything! What is it that you love about your first cup of the day? Are you a daily drinker? How do you take yours? Tell us how you love to enjoy your first cup!

The last time I bought coffee, I bought whole bean. That meant I had to go buy a coffee grinder. So, while my morning are generally rushed - getting JB out the door with dog woofing all around me - dumping some beans into the grinder. Taking just a few seconds to stop, slow down and grind the beans. The smell is wonderful.

My first cup of coffee is poured by JB when he pours his go cup. I then walk him outside as he heads off and I get dog food. So my first cup is generally cooled and it means that the house has slowed for a minute. JB is gone to work, the dogs have been fed and are laying on their beds quietly, I have the laptop and I'm surfing blogs. It's all good. However you do it - enjoy your first warm beverage of the day.

2 comments :

  1. Sometimes I think I'm the only one in America who does not enjoy a cup of coffee. I don't like the smell or the taste and will avoid any dessert that has a hint of coffee flavor to it...even if it does include chocolate! And by the way, my husband is just the opposite - he loves, loves, loves his coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm glad you seem to always post/answer before I even find the question. Must ponder...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs