November 9, 2007

Lazy Fall

Well I haven't been doing much of anything lately. I managed to just sit on my hiney while JB was at whirlyball and not make it to the sewing space. I will get down there this weekend! On the holiday front - I will not sew any holiday gifts this year! I am planning on knitting some to that end I'm ahead of the game. I have 2 1/2 gifts finished. Well one gift is a pair of socks and I have one finished but not the other. It's close though! Did I ever tell you that Miss Lucy Goat Dog ate the center of my ball winder? Yep! The last time we had poker at our house, they were locked downstairs. My friend D was here thatnight, but because the light downstairs (well anywhere I sit to knit really) is shitting my house - we stayed upstairs in the living room. I'm making a pitch for a couple of Ott Lights for Christmas - I big floor standing one and a smaller tabletop light. Anyway - one of the ladies who comes to poker is truly afraid of big dogs so we try to keep the dogs away from her. I don't believe in deliberately terrorizing people! Well Lucy wanted to be where the action was and couldn't get upstairs, so she found something to chew on. This is what she does when she's anxious to be where you are and can't get there. So yep - she at the center of my ball winder. Do you know how hard it is to wind a ball of yarn without the center in the winder - yep. Impossible. Do you know what I am dying to start knitting with right now? Of course - anything in a hank that needs to be wound. That's about all I've got right now. I have a 3 day weekend (Monday is a holiday); a 3 day work week and then another 3 day weekend (regular Friday off) coming up. Look for progress photos from the sewing space - or else a call of "Help, I've fallen and can't get up!"

3 comments :

  1. Crazy dog. Have you ever wound on a nosterpine? I have actually used the end of a wooden spoon as one. It worked really well. I had the hank over the back of 2 chairs and wound it from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonia - nope. Never heard of that! We did a search of the web and found out how to make replacement centers from PVC Pipe but I'm waiting for the Man to get them made! (I could be waiting a long time!) g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Don't you just love helpful helpers. I do believe that dogs will punish you if they don't get their way. Sorry that you're having so much trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs