April 20, 2009

This is What's Kept Me

from the sewing machine. Well this and impending home improvement projects. And now that this is done I'm tired of waiting on the home improvements! I'll get back to the sewing machine this week - seriously. But this - this is a finished stole! Seriously - I finished all the knitting on Sunday. I have pretty much worked on this every weekend moment for the past several weeks. I finished Hints 6 & 7 on Easter weekend and then finished Hint 8 on Saturday night. Leaving me with the 60 rows of Hint 9 to do yesterday. Well, as usual when I have plans - JB had other plans. After taking the big hounds for a long walk, when then headed out to the garden center. It was after 3:30 when I got to sit down with this stole. At this point it was taking about 45 minutes to knit 10 rows. UGH! As it started to get narrower, it also got quicker. Taking a break to cook and eat dinner - I cast off around 9! Next stop - my LYS for blocking. I have put so much time and energy into this that I want it finished right.

6 comments :

  1. I'm glad the end is in sight! I got one skirt made this weekend, but wanted to do so much more. Sometimes life makes other plans for us. I saw your comment to Chan about major dental work today. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes... good luck at the dentist.

    I wish I had an LYS that would do my blocking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Well worth the time I am thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm itching to do something in lace, but I have a couple of lace shawls and I never use them. I love them, but I don't think I'm really a shawl type.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see a modeled picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GFY! Gaylen. You got finsihed quickly...especially since we were so far behind. Still gotta get mine done. It really looks good. Chicken....you should have blocked it yourself. Just pin it and spritz it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs