April 4, 2007

I'm Melting

and not like sugar! More like the Wicked Witch! The earlier post wasn't suppose to be about sewing at all. Not sure where it came from - hmmm. Anyway - I'm having a serious mental breakdown. I woke up in a bad mood with a headache. If you've been reading for long - most of you know I have weight management issues. I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and I'm currently below goal - just barely - but below goal just the same. A little more than a year ago, I fell into the bad habit of weighing myself daily. I know, I know - don't lecture. For the most part it works as positive reinforcement that I'm doing something right daily. But there are days! Anyway - this morning I was up 4# from yesterday!!! So, like a headache wasn't bad enough - I have to wake up fat too?!!? After making coffee (which tasted horrible) I fixed myself a buttered toasted cheese bagel for breaky - why not, I woke up fat anyway! Then I got to work. Nobody was there yet - yeah I could get caught up on some work without the interruptions. Right? Wrong! My computer had other plans - crashed continually throughout the day. Come to find out my newly reformatted computer has not one, but two!, viruses. Not sure how that happened. Our IT guy will be out again tomorrow. As if that wasn't enough, the phone kept ringing off the hook and apparently nobody else can answer it!!! Actually - everyone's pretty good about helping out, when they are there. My day just continued to go downhill until I was actually shedding tears over it. I'm home now, having a cup of cocoa and watching Sandra Lee on the Food Network - I mean really - it's got to get better. I am not however, cooking a real meal tonight. Hubby can either take me out or we're having sandwiches - fried egg or tuna. So there!!! Hope you all had a much better day than I.

2 comments :

  1. Virtual hug to you! Good news is that you are home now and the work day is over. Tomorrow will be better. Also, remember to put the 4# in perspective. Look how much you lost initially...this is a drop in the bucket in comparison and you'll be back to goal in no time. I admire you for your success in that area. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gaylen...i am so sorry! Please don't beat yourself up! I did the same thing yesterday. DH and i polished off a bottle of wine. On a Weds night? I also got into the ice cream in the middle of the day. What is that??
    Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs