January 4, 2008

What Am I Thinking?

I often wonder this about myself. I am addicted, repeat addicted, to sugar. I have to avoid it at all costs. I was doing really well early in my recovery process. Was down a few pounds, feeling great even wearing nothing but pajama pants. Then the neighbor brought by cookies - yummy! Then I attended the office Holiday party - more cookies, jelly bellies, alcohol - not good! After that I just spiraled out of control. Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast? I think not! I'd rather have cookies and fudge with a coffee chaser. Skip lunch - just grab another piece of fudge on the way to switch the laundry. The biggest problem has been going back to work. There is a huge ginger jar full of jelly beans at the office - well it was full, not so much anymore. Personally, since I seem to have absolutely no control, I'm ready to throw the damn things in the garbage, but . . . I guess I should be glad I managed to avoid the 4# box of See's Candies that was there. So even though on Tuesday I packed a lunch including an apple and 2 tangerines, my water bottle, soup and the iron I have to take daily - the only thing that has been consumed is the water and soup - not even an iron pill has crossed my lips! I hate taking them. Oh well, time to move past this and make better choices, including no jelly beans.

4 comments :

  1. Oh boy...i hear ya. I'll take cake and ice cream for breakfast any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh if I had to give up sugar I couldn't sew...*LOL* I am a full fledged sugar addict and am thankful that I'm not diabetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Sissy has the "get Mom moving" bit covered, so if I only make better food choices, there might be some weight loss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain there.. I *LOVE* sweets. Especially baked goods.
    But we're making some big changes in our house this year as DH has just been diagnosed with early diabetes problems. So no more Hershey's, no Ben & Jerrys, and no more remembering Pepperidge Farm.
    He needs to do it, and so do I.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs