January 24, 2008

Knit Night

So tonight I went to knitting. This is the first time I have been there since Thanksgiving - well except for the holiday gift exchange. Hmm - I forgot to share that! First I worked on The Princess socks. To date, I have turned the heels, finished the decrease rows on the gussets and am working down the never ending stretch that is the size 10+ foot! UGH. Next I showed the current pair of socks for the hubby. I turned the heel on these on Monday - short row heels, socks being worked toes up. I'm loving the way this yarns stripes. I got an email that they are discontinuing some of the colors so if you like it head on over to Knit Picks and check out Felici.
Finally, before leaving I purchase a new hank of sock yarns just for me. Since I felted my monkeys in the washer - I gave them away. They are now more slipperish than sockish. Anyway, that means I'm short a pair of socks. I went for a hank of Pagewood Farms - this time with a twist similar to Koigu KPPPM. It's $18 a hank, so not bad for hand-knit socks. It may become some new monkeys for me.
From now on all my socks are going into the washer on the gentle cycle and being hung to dry :) Lesson learned!

1 comment :

  1. Oooh... Ahhhhh... So much sock love. I do want to order the green Felici, and maybe the blue too...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs