January 17, 2008

Sock Progress

This is a progress shot of the Merino Lace Socks from Favorite Knit Socks. The Princess picked a couple of patterns from the book while she was home and I started knitting away. The yarn is Filature Di Grosa Maxime in white with pink specks. It's a little splitty, but overall pleasant to work with. I am working this pair both socks at the same time, from the cuff down. Since I'm not a huge fan of ribbing, I stopped the ribbing after only about an inch. The pattern calls for 6 repeats of the main lace panel - which I have completed so far. I'm thinking about doing 7 or 8 so the sock is longer. Frankly - I like the way the side lacy bits look much better than the center lace panel. I think I will make another pair of socks using the two different lace panels from myself. I'm thinking about some orange yarn from the sock yarn bouquet. Hopefully, The Princess will like these socks. Since she has such freakin huge feet (sorry kiddo) they won't really fit anyone else if she doesn't like them.

2 comments :

  1. They look great!! Love the yarn. I've eyed that pattern for a while now. I just need to figure out how to do two socks on two circs. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good so far...and they sound awfully soft!!! Thanks mama sita!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs