March 9, 2009

Money Sucking Weekend

The Princess has been here since early Friday morning (her flight landed at 12:15 a.m.) I swear all I've done this weekend is spend money. 3::12 Wednesday night I managed to finish these: These are the strongheels socks. I saw a very pretty pair of socks made from self-striping yarn and the socks were beautiful! So pretty were they with their stripes continuing around the heel that I had to learn how to knit a strong-heel. With the help of Ravelry and a free pattern explaining the strong heel, I was able to figure it out. Unfortunately, The Princess and Miss L decided to take the photos while I was out of the house and they aren't the greatest - really, you can't see how cool this heel is. I'll take better pictures soon, but for now I wanted to post.

7 comments :

  1. Neat! You can see the pattern continuing around the heel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pics are just fine... very pretty socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's the day. It's bring home the new baby day. Can't wait to see the first project made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks look nice to me. And at least they took pictures for you! I'm sure you're all having a wonderful time together, and, truthfully, I prefer when my daughter's flight arrives late enough that she can finish her college day, get home, sleep, and start the day fresh and here with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i might like that heel.
    great! something new to knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great pictures! And you should just be thankful that we wanted to take them for you...we were being nice.. so boo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs