February 3, 2007

I've been Knitting

Remember that cotton chenille yarn I showed on my new swift awhile back? Well it has now become a very cute warshcloth from Mason Dixon. I plan on dropping it in an envelope and sending it back to the friend who gifted me the yarn - I mean why not? I already got the joy of working with the yarn, why not spread the love and send a little gift back? Because I like to pull from the center when I use a yarn 'cake' I took the remaining yarn and rewound it into a smaller cake. It's so freaking small and cute. Now to find a tiny project to make from it :) Finally in my journeys out and about in blogland, I stumbled upon this young lady's blog. She is expecting and has been making the most adorable hats for her wee one. An attorney that our office works closely with has just had a baby girl. It's cold in Western Washington. Well when I saw this hat on Alison's blog, I knew it was just the thing for this new little one. To cement the deal, I recently picked up the Spring 2007 issue of Knit It! magazine. This magazine is a collaboration between BH&G and Lion Brand from what I could find on the web - however they don't appear to have a website. Bummer!! The Spring issue has some of the cutest baby clothes I have ever seen - including - the upside down Daisy Hat from Itty Bitty Hats. So, I went right out to the local yarn store, stocked up on Rowan Handknit cotton and knit the little thing in exactly the colors called for. I made the tiniest size - but mine must be really small because there was only room for 4 petals on top! I hope they like it :)

2 comments :

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs