March 31, 2019

Firenze!

Of all the places we went in Italy, I think Florence was my favorite.  I've said it before in these posts - but I'm not one to spend all day wandering around a museum.  Although - we did go see David.  But honestly - I enjoyed looking at the other statues and the amazing tapestries more.


After a good nights sleep, we grabbed a quick breakfast of espresso and pastries (as you do) with a bit of bacon for Eleanor because babies don't run on coffee and bread.  Then we hoped into the car and headed to Florence.  The drive was a little over an hour.  After parking, we wandered our way into the city and made the museum our first stop. 


Next - we had to find lunch!  We stumbled into a little cafe where we literally had the best food ever!  I had carbonara because it's what I do.  I mean, can you go wrong with bacon & egg pasta?  Sadly, all of my pictures of the food are blury. But they did have the most beautiful homemade pasta in the front. 


After eating, we wandered all around the City, stopping at the carousel, Ponte Vecchio to watch the sun set, and then heading back to the Duomo, where JB & Patrick tried to climb to the top of the dome, but we were just a tad too late. 








I cannot get over how beautiful and remarkable the details on the buildings are.  And everything is so clean - there wasn't trash just thrown around. 

1 comment :

  1. Best of all, you got to ride the merry go round with Eleanor. Holding a baby means no one thinks you're ridiculous for enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs