March 14, 2019

Vintersol

I am not a sweater wearer - I mean I love a good cardigan, but pullover - no way!  What do you do when you have a hot flash?!

Eleanor and I both wearing "Made by GiGi"
Once again, my LYS Lancaster Yarn Shop decided to have a knit along.  Okay!  So I'm a joiner - sue me.  A customer had knit a beautifl fair isle yoked sweater and it was on display.  Everyone wanted their own.  So, I picked colors and knit it up - thinking if I didn't like it - I'd gift it for Christmas or steek it into a cardigan that could easily be taken off! 



I selected Kenzie for the main body of my sweater.  The color is "seal" and it's a light gray with navy tweed speckles.  I then choose Malbec (Navy with lilac tweed) for the contrast and Lilac Prairie Spun for the yoke background. 

This sweater has what's called a hybrid construction.  You start at the yoke 'seam' with a provisional cast on, knit the yoke - which was fun!  Do an iCord bind off, then take out the cast on picking up the live stitches and knit your way to the hem.  It's pretty cool! 

Stats:
Cast On:  September 3, 2018
Cast Off:  October 25, 2018
Yarn:  7 balls seal, 2 balls malbec, 1 hank lilac - 1696 yards total
Needles:  US6s
Mods:  omit second set of short rows to create length in the back.


I am honestly surprised how much I wear this sweater and that it goes with everything.  So far, I haven't had to take it off because I'm too hot.  I might even knit another sweater - soon! 

8 comments :

  1. This looks great on you! Love the yoke design and construction!
    Wool is such a temperate fibre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wool is amazing! I am surprised how much wear I'm getting out of this sweater. I might need another one! g

      Delete
  2. That is utterly beautiful and looks so pretty on you. Great colors too!

    It is funny how people have different preferences, I never knit cardigans,only pullovers. Cardigans always make me too hot because they usually need another layer underneath to be wearable and that usually pushes me over the edge from comfy to overheated and I start round after round of cardigan off, cardigan on, cardigan off, cardigan on. 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you about the rounds of cardigan off and on, but when you're too hot in a pullover, then what do you do? At this stage of life - that's where I'm at. Pullover off? g

      Delete
  3. I love a cardigan also but this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might try knitting this again and steeking it into a cardigan - because wouldn't that be fabulous? g

      Delete
  4. Is this the one everyone was working on at the "knit night" I attended (and, to be clear, didn't knit)? Yours came out really well. I love the light grey body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe it was. We really need to get you into knitting, crocheting or something for evenings. g

      Delete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs