May 2, 2019

A Family of Flannel Pants

For more years than I know, I have made flannel pants for the entire family for Christmas.  I tried looking back in my blog too show long I've been doing this - and it didn't help.  Most likely, since the girls were born. 

Some years I've done matching for the girls with contrast cuffs, and some years I've just bought fabric that spoke about the recipient to me.  And then there was the year that everyone got flannel boxers because I made cotton PJ pants because we went to Florida for Christmas that year (2015).  For the last several years, I've just been buying flannel in a print that has something special the recipient loves - like penguins for Jessica and sunflowers for Krystle.

The Christmas before Eleanor was born (Christmas 2016), I used scraps from everyone's flannel pants and made sleep sacks. 


For Christmas 2017, I everyone got flannel pants AND I made Eleanor 2 tunics from the left-overs from Gramps & Daddy's pants and pretty little jumpers from the leftovers from Mommy, Aunt Jessica & GiGi's pants.  But - that's not what this post is about.  This post is about Christmas 2018.  Just like in years past, when JoAnn's has their big flannel sale - that's when I buy it.  I pay right around $2 a yard for the flannel and try my best to find something that everyone will love.  Last year I found Sunflowers, footballs, elephants, penguins, video games and coffee.  And then Krystle mentioned that she really wanted matching pants for her little family this year and that she would just buy matching PJs if I'd already bought flannel. 


Well - I couldn't let that happen - could I?  So, another trip to JoAnn's was in order - but trying to find a bolt of flannel with 7 - 8 yards on it was so much harder than I thought it would be.  I took JB with me he found fabric for another bowling shirt.

In the week before Christmas, after making Jessica and her boyfriend flannel boxers, I made Kyrstle's family matching flannel pants for Christmas and Krystle bought everyone matching white tees for their family photos.


I wonder how long they'll be matching?  Also - the previously purchased flannel?  It got made up too and gifted in early 2019.  I mean, Eleanor was going to outgrow her PJs if I didn't make them up soon!


These were fun to make - I'm looking forward to many more years of #flannelpantsfactory


2 comments :

  1. Your flannel pants factory is always amazing to me. And did I tell you that my little grandson was ecstatic about the ones you gave me to finish for him? Yep, he had to wear them Easter weekend. Both pairs.

    And I had to chuckle at you taking JB to find flannel and him finding himself more shirt fabric. Sounds like a man to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you already know that I "gave him a cookie" and he's run with it! g

      Delete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs