April 25, 2019

Cinco de Mayo

When you've created a monster by making your husband a wardrobe of bowling shirts.  I kid you not, the other day, he actually opened his closet and said "I don't have anything to wear!"


JB now has 32 bowling shirts in his closet.  All but 4 of them have been made with my hands.  And when I recently did the fabric closet re-org (look for a future post on that) I put a stack of fabrics for just JBs shirts.  There's enough for at least 4 more. 


Also, now if he goes to the fabric store with me.  The first thing he does is head to the novelty prints and ask if I can make a shirt out of X?


But - I will say - he does wear his shirts.  And he shows anyone who comments on them that they match across the buttonholes and asks if they can find his pocket!  So - it's worth it.  

8 comments :

  1. You gave that mouse a cookie. I used to make all of Hubs wool work shirts and he still has one that he treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did give that mouse a cookie :) I will say, it's nice to just be able to grab a pre-cut shirt and sew it up in an evening. :) g

      Delete
  2. And he will have a favorite that must be pried away from him when it has gotten raggedy and no longer fit for polite company.

    Theresa in Tucson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let's hope not! Since he wears these in the kitchen in the morning when we're serving guests. It could be bad . . . .

      g

      Delete
  3. I love this! I love that you make them and I love that he wears them! And he obviously is proud of them (and you). They look great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think he is proud of all those things - he tells anyone who comments on his shirts that I make them, then he points out the pocket matching. g

      Delete
  4. Having seen him wearing several of your shirts in person, I can attest that your matching skills are exquisite. I can also attest to the fact that he pouts a little if you tell him that the Valentine's Day shirt really isn't appropriate for September. ;-) I've also heard your customers comment that they/their husbands would like one. So you should be very proud of having given that mouse that cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well . . . you know how it is. Don't tell him, but I do like having a little stack of his shirts cut and ready to sew for an evening when I want to sew but don't have anything in mind to make for me. Kinda like sewing for the grands :) g

      Delete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs