June 9, 2010

Bags Anyone?

I managed to make it to the studio this past weekend and finished a couple of bags.
The bags are reversible and they are actually big enough to hold two yarns cakes and your notions, along with a wallet, keys and sunglasses.
I know this because I carried a bag just like this on our cruise - how long ago was that? I still have and use that bag all the time. On the top bag, I had the [not so] brilliant thought that if I bound the edges that it would make the finishing quicker and add another opportunity to tie two fabrics together that sorta match, but need - something. Like the green floral and the blue dots. They actually match really well, but the binding didn't work out so well - I can't finish the ends very well. However, you have a couple of ways to drag this little bag around, loop the short strap over the long one and slip on your wrist. Slip your needle through the long strap, then loop the straps, slip over your wrist and walk and knit :) Or just hang the long strap off your wrist and walk around knitting. It's all good.

8 comments :

  1. These are precious and I love the green and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag would have been wonderful in England! I wound up having my purse plus a small knitting bag that has ribbon for draw-strings, so it always felt a bit flimsy hanging from my wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design, and the colors. You're so clever and talented...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just going to say what Chan said... love the design and the colors! Great concept for being able to carry it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have trouble joining bindings, too, but these are really cute! If I knit, I'd want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful bag and I really love the fabric. Very handy for knitting and crochet.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute !

    Just big enough for a pair of socks huh ? hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs