May 28, 2010

If Only I Could Sew

The current issue of Threads has some great articles.
There is one on vintage presser feet that makes me want to do some shopping on Ebay and start garage sale-ing.
However - it was the article on One Pant, Five Ways that really got my attention (can't link to them, sorry). However, I'm sure most of you are already thinking "but she doesn't make or wear pants." Right!
This weekend I plan on perfecting a straight (pencil) skirt pattern. Because these techniques would transfer directly to a straight skirt and so far - I don't have one that fits - but I hope to change that soon.

5 comments :

  1. What a lovely top on the cover! And you can sew... you just need the time and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vintage presser feet... I should have kept mine from my old machines. I still haven't figured out all the ones that go with my new machine. Once I can see clearly, I'll tackle that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep knitting, or whatever's making you happy now. You'll get to sewing whenever you feel like it.

    I don't have a pencil skirt, either. I feel like they make me look fatter than I am. I stick to the A-line profile for that reason.

    Hope you and JB have a wonderful long weekend. I'm sewing with yellow gauze, if my yellow zippers arrive. Otherwise, the things I've cut out will languish for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh... love that top on front... not that I could wear it, but it sure is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm agreeing with everyone, the top is great! And you can sew!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs