September 18, 2008

Dogs on Thursday - Soapbox

Let me start by showing you a cute picture of my healthy, loved, well-fed dogs. Now, there are 3 tv programs I stop everything to watch. Well not really - but close. The Closer, House & Bones. Last night's episode had me sitting on the couch with tears running down my face. I don't even know how to wrap my thoughts around to make sense. I wish I could find the
ASPCA commercial which ran during the show.
The gist of Bones last night is that the victim was killed because he was taking photos of dog fighting so he could report it and stop it. Cesar Millan was a guest and the ultimate victims were the dogs.
Strangely enough at knitting last night, Miss D had mentioned she had received an email from Old Dog Haven, because they were looking for a home for an older ChowDog. I know everyone who posts as part of Dogs on Thursday loves dogs. I also know that we all have our own causes that are near and dear to our hearts. So, I would ask - if you are so inclined to knit for someone else - would you be interested in helping Blogless Miss D and myself gather beds and coats for Old Dog Haven? If you are interest - please contact me (email address at side). Also, Nicole has $170 left to reach her goal of raising $1,000 for ASPCA. If you aren't crafty, maybe you could help blow her goal out of the water?
Now - go love up on your pups, give them an extra treat, and do something crafty to nourish yourself today.

10 comments :

  1. Aww... thanks so much for doing this... and for noticing my ASPCA goal! I've been hesitant to point it out on my blog AGAIN, but would love to see the goal reached by the end of 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason I must have a DVR... I missed Bones last night, of all nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the same shows! I taped Bones, but haven't had time to watch it yet. (no, Chan, I don't have a DVR, but an old fashioned VCR and those huge tapes!)

    Your picture with the one baby half out of the bed is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot! I missed bones! I wanted to watch that! I don't have on demand so I will have to watch for it in the re-runs. Maybe they will have it on itunes? Your pups are so sweet! ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch Bones too! Although I think I usually watch a season behind yours LOL.

    Yup, your dogs certainly look healthy, well fed, well loved and so contented lying there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Bones....also love that i am not the only one that bawled while watching the other night.
    Have you watched The Fringe? good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry. I'm tv impaired. I would never have made it through the dog-fighting show, though. It would break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy, I miss everything not having TV. Darn! I love Cesar Millan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I have to turn off the program if it has any kind of animal cruelty. I just can't watch. On a happier note, I did see an update a week or so ago on some of the Michael Vick dogs that have been rehabilitated and living in wonderful, loving homes. I LOVED that news story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in the middle of leaving you a comment and blogger shut down my whole internet explorer! So here's round two. I hope that episode brought the topic some more exposure and somthing good will come out of it. The more rings that are stopped (hopefully all of them) the better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs