March 23, 2008

Spring Fling Coffee SWAP

In my need to belong - I'm joining another Swap. This really is fun, if you've never Swapped, you should try it. This time I'm doing the Coffee & Yarn Swap
Coffee
1. What is your preference? Whole beans or ground? Whole beans, but just because I don't have a grinder. 2. What kind of coffees do you enjoy? A rich, bold roast; a light, fresh one, or something in between? Leaded or non? Leaded, because otherwise what's the point. I like a light, fresh coffee. 3. If you were headed out right now to buy some coffee for the house, what would you be picking up? I just bought Peet's house roast and an organic light roast for the house 4. Do you drink for caffeine, pleasure, or both? Mostly for pleasure. 5. Do you enjoy flavored coffees? How about add-ins or flavored creamers? I love flavored coffee, vanilla being my all time favorite. I also really enjoy the sugar free syrups in my coffee 6. A large, lovely mug or a small, dainty cup? A big ol'mug. 7. Describe your perfect cup - not JUST the coffee, but how you'd enjoy it! My perfect cup of coffee - the house is quiet, hubby is still sleeping, the tv is off and all the dogs are settled on their beds - snoring! I have some knitting and my coffee - the only thing that makes that better is lights on the Christmas tree twinkling. 8. You're sitting down to enjoy a nice cup in the local coffee shop, knitting bag in hand, iPod all tuned up - or maybe you're there with a few friends for knit night! What treat do you pick up to enjoy with your coffee? A sweet, rich brownie, or something more healthy? How about a salty treat? What goes best with that great cup and company? Snickerdoodles! Yarn 1. Do you knit or crochet? Knit 2. What are your favorite types of yarns to work with? Sock yarn of all types, marinos, cashmere - blends. 3. What do you have on the needles (or hook!) right now? 2 pairs of socks, 1 hat, a lace wrap, a twin set, and a baby blanket. 4. What are your favorite colors in yarns? What about those that you'd never find in your stash? Pinks, reds, blues. I don't know that there is any color I wouldn't purchase. 5. What sort of needles or hooks do you enjoy using? Any you just detest? Wood, Addi Turbos regular & Lace. I'm not fond of plastic needles. 6. Are there any particular notions you absolute do NOT need? Some of us swap a lot - are you sure that you have enough tape measures to last your lifetime? Enough stitch markers to mark every stitch of a 10 foot wide afghan? 7. You walk into the yarn shop and have exactly and only enough money to purchase 2 skeins of yarn in their 2 for 20 special they have going..The choices are a soft, thick cotton/viscose blend in your favorite colors, slightly variegated..a beautiful sock yarn that's just squishy and sproingy in your hands.. a soft, worsted weight wool like malabrigo.. and a lovely bamboo blend with colors to just die for. Which do you walk out the door with? I would probably fire up the credit card and bring them all home - but if I could really only choose 1 - the sock yarn. Spring 1. We're starting sign-ups on the first day of Spring - is it already truly Spring-like where you are? The weather is pretending to be Spring one day and more Fall like the next. 2. What's your favorite spring flower? Do you have one? Daisies 3. What do you most look forward to about springtime? Being able to sit outside by the pond, knitting and drinking (coffee, beer, whatever) 4. They've predicted a gorgeous day tomorrow - Sunny and about 65 with a nice breeze - how do you spend your day? First I run my errands with the top down on my car and get that out of the way, then I come home and get a nice glass of water and sit by the pond to knit. 5. The day after, it's going to be cooler and pouring down rain - does that impact your mood? How do you spend that day? what helps cheer you up? I live in Western Washington - are you kidding - this happens all the time. I knit under a blanket on the couch! Odds n Ends 1. Do you collect anything BESIDES yarn and needles? Stove shaped cookie jars 2. Are you allergic to anything? Nope 3. Do you have pets? 4 dogs 4. Is this your first swap, or are you an old pro? What are the last 2 swaps you participated in? Knit Tea was my first; then the DOT Holiday 5. List 3 of your favorite blogs - craft related or not - and tell us why you love them. DiaryofaSewingFanatic, Carolyn inspired me to start sewing and she always encourages me to take my time and do my best; Chan Knits, Chan is funny and supportive and she gets life with hounds; and camillaknits, Camilla just cracks me up and is fast become a true friend.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks Gay but I only do what a friend does...encourage and care about you! The sewing thing that's just extra! *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet... I hope you get a great pal and are spoiled rotten!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs