March 8, 2008

Lazy Day

This is how my day was spent. Sitting on the loveseat in a quiet sitting room drinking tea and alternating between reading a book and knitting. Currently, I'm re-reading the Hannah Swensen Mysteries. I just finished Blueberry Muffin Murder. These are a light read and I'm enjoying them again. As for the knitting - I'm stilling slogging along on the Argosy shawl. Per the pictures by Chan (sorry, I looked and looked but couldn't find the exact post) I am making a triangular shawl from the argosy pattern. I'm using ShiBui Knits Socks in Ivory. I just started on the 5th and final hank. I don't care if I still think it's small when I get to the end of this - it's done! The mug you ask? It's a gift from my friend Purlin'Goldens and I love it. It is a very fine china mug with hound pictures and it says "woof" inside the rim. Hope your day was more productive than mine :)

5 comments :

  1. Sounds like a perfect day to me. I love you mug - I really like drinking tea out of china. Just seems to make it taste better (ok, I admit it's in my head.) LOL

    Have you ever read any of the Tea Shop Mysteries by Laura Childs. They are a similar style to what you're reading. Light stories with fund characters and fabulous descriptions of teas and baked goods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute mug. Sorry the slogging continues. On the multiple WIPs front, I finally have two socks on a Magic Loop of all things! Dunno why that works when my beloved 2 circs failed me, but I'm loving doing two socks at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we had very simliar lazy saturdays! Love the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat to see you enjoying the mug! I have a similar one, though not with goldens ;-{. I think of you every time I grab it out of the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs