September 1, 2008

Up Hill Climb

Horrible pictures taken with my crappy camera. JB is busy destroying the deck (pictures of that to follow another day), so I had to manage on my own. The skirt is mostly finished, if you can see anything around the flash - you can see that is done, but not hemmed. Because of the shape of my body, the front is longer than the back and will need a deeper hem. It's a little loose around the waist, but I'm not sure the style is flattering. What you can't see in the above photos is that somehow I ended up with the little black flowers going uphill. I added a red line on the print. JB can't get over the fact that the print travels uphill. I'm wondering - do you notice it? I'm going to hem it now and add hooks and eyes on the side and then I'm going to play with another new pattern. I have 2 pretty pieces of fabric that I want to cut into - but I don't think this is the new pattern.

9 comments :

  1. Gaylen,
    I don't see what your husband means. I don't view the fabric as directional. It looks fine to me! I really like the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the skirt, it looks so flowy and comfortable. The direction of the print didn't jump out at me, I didn't notice it at all til it was pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't listen to men, especially about fashion. looks terrific to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice anything about it going uphill. I agree with Teri. Ignore what the men say, unless its that you look fabulous in it. Otherwise, they know nothing and their words will just stick in your craw and make you doubt yourself. You look fine in it. I think it's a really cute print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my comment was eaten... but these photos look nothing like the destruction of the decks to me... come on, I need more than threatened skirt-carnage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can honestly say that i would have never, ever picked out that the pattern was going "uphill". JB's brain works differently, doesn't it? Don't answer that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see it going uphill in the flat picture, but in the mirror pictures, it looks fine. It may be that the print was made that way. Try a couple more new patterns before you cut the 2 pieces you're longing to use; you don't want to find a "perfect" pattern later and regret it.

    And leave it to JB to enjoy a day off by destroying something. Aren't men just big little kids at heart, hollering, "Cool! We can wreck something and Mom won't be honked off!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't get it?! Personally I think the direction of the print is fine...ummm did he hit himself in the head while destroying the deck? I'm just saying...cause their is nothing wrong with the direction of the print. Can't wait to see you in the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh? You know this sewing stuff is greek to me...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs