June 11, 2008

Not Much

The fabric for my coat arrived yesterday. To me it looks like what I would call Lipstick Red, but I like it. I still don't have lining, interlining, fusibles and whatever else I might need. In fact, I don't have any idea what all it is that I might need. I need to get some heavier weight muslin and get working on my muslin. Muslins and alterations to be finished this month. I also added a very pretty piece of red knit jersey in my package. I was hoping that it would coordinate with the red print skirt, but it doesn't. I might work well with the large floral border print though. Which I'm thinking might become a shift dress. I just don't know. Decisions like this are what stop me from getting anything done. And now I'm off to watch The Closer. It's a repeat, but since I haven't seen it yet, we are watching it tonight. Gotta run.

4 comments :

  1. That red looks so much prettier than the sample. Or I guess I should say I prefer how it looks in your picture. The other one looked too rust to me. You are going to look FABO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! I ordered a red pea coat that is the same shade of red, and i balked a little at first when it arrived...BUT, it is perfect in the dreary winter weather to have something bright to wear. Go for it, you will be happy when you have something colorful to wear in the dreary Seattle winter, er...summer. Ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red coat will feel wonderful in January, after all the holiday glitz is gone. You look good in red. We like The Closer, too; it's a rare decent show where they appear to have actually hired writers and gotten a story line!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs