August 17, 2024

Let's Catch UP a Little

 When last we met up with our intrepid heroine, she was posting end of summer sewing plans - FOR 2023!  Let's just see how that worked out, shall we?


First up: Nova - made with a challis bought in Mexico in January and sewn up in time to wear on another vacation to Mexico in November.


Second: -That pumpkin coffee print has been sewn and worn multiple times.  


Third: I believe I put this back, but I'm going to have to look. Because I vaguely remember making it, but there's no photographic evidence.


Fourth: I made the flannel PJ top, but not this linen, yet. Also, I don't really love the top, so . . . 


Fifth: I tested the Grainline Studio Alder Shirtdress in the extended sizes.  I loved making this dress.  I love the pocket construction and how fun it is (I've even used it on a few of JB's shirts) but I'm having a moment with how I look currently and I'm not in love with any of the photos. 

Sixth:  While I did make a Vali top in October and I also sewed up the beautiful red toile like fabric, the two did not come together. Look for a blog post on this dress soon.


Seven, Eight & Nine have not been touched at all. 

Ten: Eleanor did get a new robe for her birthday.  However, Gigi got a new sewing machine for Christmas and I could not figure out how to get E's monogram from my embroidery stick into the machine (still haven't figured it out 8 months later). And all her dolls got matching robes & pjs - blog post on that too

2 comments :

  1. I love the Grainline Alder Dress! How come's I didn't see it when I was there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my current feeling on it would have rubbed off on you. I didn't think you'd like it at all, so I didn't even pull it from the closet. g

      Delete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs