August 31, 2024

There's Something About Pattern Testing

 I'm not gonna lie, being chosen to be a pattern tester feels good.  It feels like you weren't chosen last for whatever game it is, finally! 

I have been a Chalk & Notch fan since winning a copy of the Pony Tank back in 2017 apparently! So, when the call went out for testers for the Ivie dress, well, I couldn't apply fast enough!

This was my first version and I've already made a second.  For this version I used a cotton lawn from Fabric Mart that I bought last summer, maybe the summer before.  I made a size 22AB and I could have gone up to the CD cup bodice. 


I used my favorite method of installing side pockets, they're only on the front! Style Arc seems to have the only tutorial I can find online. The reason I use this pocket installation is that I can stitch the pocket to the skirt and it helps keep whatever you've put in your pocket from pulling your dress down. 


The only other change I made was to add a third section to the bottom ruffle and that's because that's all the fabric that I had left!  I didn't want to keep a piece that *small.* so fuller bottom ruffle! 


This dress feels a little closer fitting than I'm generally used to and on occasion I feel a bit little house on the prairie, but I love it and have worn it quite a bit this summer. 

I'm really loving midi length or what I would have called tea length growing up. Funny how being 60 and running up and down stairs all day changes your mind on how 'too short' feels. 

Photos:  Carolyn
Pattern:  Chalk & Notch Ivie
Fabric:  FabricMart
Verdict:  Winner :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs