August 14, 2023

The Dress that Wasn't

 Okay - seriously, how do y'all come up with titles for your blog posts?  I'm so boring!  

Anyway, Way back during 2020 if my memory serves me, I bought a beautiful burgundy floral with every intention of making another myosotis maxi dress.  BUT then I remembered that as much as I love a good maxi, they really aren't practical for running up and down stairs and crawling around cleaning bathrooms.  So I decided to make a knee-length dress.  You know, the one on the pattern envelope! 


In all honesty, there is nothing wrong with this dress.  It has the modified to be more open neckline and I've moved the shoulders forward. I went completely collarless and added short sleeves.


I just don't like it.  It feels blah.  and heavy.  It most likely would have been epic as a sleeveless maxi - but that isn't what I made.


So, the next step is to use my vinyl cutter to put a size label at the back neckline and put it in the giveaway pile. I just don't see myself wearing this dress.  In fact, I even gave away the extra fabric already.


Photos by Carolyn taken at Carriage Corner Bed & Breakfast ;)


Sharing them all, because my friend makes me look good!

3 comments :

  1. I like it, but I totally understand making something and then just blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't love it, you don't love it. But I think it FITS amazing and looks very nice. Matches your glasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this dress looks amazing on you. I love the print and colors in it too. I understand how you feel though. We need to feel good in what we wear.
    As women we are so critical of how we view ourselves. My mom once told me, "Women look in the mirror and see what is wrong with themselves. Men look in the mirror and see what is right with themselves."

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs