February 23, 2010

Look! She still makes clothes!

Many of you know already that we are headed to Mexico for a lovely vacation in March - the very beginning of March - actually! Well - I ordered a new brown swimsuit and my "uniform" of choice when we are beach vacationing is a swimsuit, skirt and sandals. As I learned on our cruise a few years back - I needed to either get a solid suit or make more solid skirts. Well - I went with both! This was a down and dirty skirt that I quite literally whipped out in a couple of hours last Sunday. I should have been working on my Ravelympics knitting - but let's just say I'm a quitter! This is Kwik Sew 3337 which I have used at least a million times! Seriously. Each one looks different I constructed the entire skirt - with the exception of the zipper completely on the serger. I even got totally lazy and just serged the hem. I put some fake "wooly nylon" in the loopers and just serged it with a short stitch length. It's cute and will be fun with a tank top of just about any color as well as a solid suit!

4 comments :

  1. Love it! It's beautiful.

    And you're no quitter. Your needs/interests might not have lined up with Ravelympics, but honestly... who cares?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cute. I like the embroidery.
    I never get into the Ravelympics because I don't like imposing deadlines on myself that don't really mean anything. It takes the fun out of it for me if I have to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is cute. I like the pattern. Getting an actual vacation with warm weather and sunshine will help you with those late winter doldrums, and we'll expect plenty of pictures when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice skirt! Don'tcha love sergers?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs