May 3, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I used to post regularly about the little things in life that make me smile. Not the big things like having a job where I'm appreciated (overworked, but appreciated), or having healthy children, a husband who loves me, you know - the big things. But really the small things - I think it's the small things that make life worth getting up in the morning. It's the small things that keep you going when life is feeling heavy or hard. So - for this week - here's my list of the small things: *Watching Beau & Lucy play with "squirrel" *The smell of coffee in the morning *Hearing the birds outside my bedroom window when I'm waking up *Watching the sun come up *Laughing at the little cherry blossoms covering my car! *Sitting by the ponds in the backyard and listening to nature *Listening to a favorite song *Turning on the Christmas lights that are still on the fence in the dog yard *Seeing the glass jars on the shelves in the sewing space *Fun dresses! What brings a smile to your face these days? What little thing makes your day just a little brighter? Care to share with me?

2 comments :

  1. Seeing my puppy's tail wag when she sees me

    Watching my puppy chase her own tail, then stop and look at me like, "What?", then return to chasing her tail some more

    Hearing my grandson say "Momo" for Elmo and "Waddy" for water

    How my grandson makes a beeline for the bottled water in either my refrigerator or purse when I see him

    A soft new down-alternative blanket and how it feels when I'm snuggled in it

    A full tank of gas

    My friend Gaylen who forgives me when I forget to call as promised

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog makes me smile, and also having you back on DWOA is a huge thankful for me!

    Fred and Henry wrestling together.

    A drizzly day where i can sit and knit on Jason's Aran, and watch my netflix'd Veronica Mars, and Battlestar Galactica!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs