May 26, 2007

Instant Gratification Sewing

Last month I was shopping the local Hancocks. While there I ran across some Gonzaga University cotton. My boss is a GU graduate and a huge basketball fan. After a quick call to the Boss' partner to find out if she wore pj pants, I bought all the fabric that was left on the bolt. The Boss' birthday was yesterday, May 25th. Being the procrastinator that I am, I waited until after we returned from Arizona to even wash the fabric. Wednesday morning before work I cut out the pattern tissue, cut out the fabric, threaded up the serger for 5 thread overlock and sewed the 3 main seams! Thursday after work I shorted the crotch/waist length and sewed in the elastic as well as hemming the pants. During the week, I picked up 2 tee-shirts, one red and one white. I took some of the mascot squares and a couple of the larger GU Squares and applied them onto the tees. The white one has just one of the large blue mascot/logo squares appliqued on the chest by the v-neck. One the red tee, I put two of the small blue mascot squares on either side of a small white "zags" square on the right sleeve.
I added a large white mascot/logo square on the bottom left of the shirt. The Boss was so excited she went into her office and tried the pj pants on! A huge success. The funniest thing was that she didn't realize I made them until her partner told her. She knows I sew and she askes about my clothes all the time - but it never dawned on her that I made the pj pants. As she was leaving for the weekend, she said 'now I know you can make me whatever Zags stuff I want.' I replied, 'no, that's not how it works, I can make whatever Zags stuff I want. Not what you want made.' I'm not sure she understands the difference. I'm glad she likes them though.

1 comment :

  1. That was a great gift! And what better compliment than having someone not realizing you made it, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs