September 7, 2009

Goldilocks

First I want to thank everyone who stopped by and sent well wishes for Beau. It's helped, he's home now and doing better - but it's still scary. The worst part now is he's starting to feel better and still has to be kept quiet. For anyone who didn't read Fudge's report - Beau had bloat. He had surgery last Wednesday and came through fine. Now we are dealing with recovery. Before last week's crises, I had been sewing. I'm still in craft sewing mode and that's okay. I had seen some little rectangular knitting bags at my LYS and decided I wanted to try making some. I wanted a bag that would hold the necessary supplies for knitting two socks at the same time. As you can tell - I was feeling a bit like Goldilocks. The first bags I made were too small. They would be perfect for holding one sock - but not a pair. The second bag was a bit too large - I think it would be perfect for holding a lace project or possibly a scarf - but there's a bit too much room for the yarn cakes to roll around and get tangled in the bottom of the bag. I made a third bag - which I think is just right, but it didn't get photographed - of course. These next couple of bags were made for Golden Tracks. She had seen some similar bags on a website and thought the idea was great. She wanted a couple of bags to put in her big knitting bag to keep things from getting tangled. The inspiration bags had weighted bottoms. Because GT lives in a dog house I wanted the bags to be washable - so I made bean bags that fit in the bottom. Hopefully they are the right size and will do the trick.
Finally - all three bags together.
I do like the size of the one in the back - the Daddy bag if you will. I will use my Baby bag and I mailed off three others so hopefully they will get used as well.
I have a few more crafty things to get out of the studio and then I'm ready to start making clothes. I wasn't in the mood most of the summer - but I'm itching to get back to garment construction. I think my weight is probably stable - whether I like it or not. Hopefully my life is stable for awhile too.

11 comments :

  1. Lovely bags mama :) Hope Beau is doing well!! Give him a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Beau continues to recuperate.
    Love the bags:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute bags! I hope Beau is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Christmas fabric to make some gift bags. We must be on the same brain wave.

    Hug Mr Beauregard for me and tell him we don't like having those kinds of scares.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love my bags. They are perfect. They hold a wound skein of Malabrigo worsted....makes them plenty big for any project. They work great. I finished my sleeves on my sweater without the 2 balls of yarn tangling and with them escaping from their zip loc bags.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Glad Beauregard is doing better. It will be a challenge to keep him quiet while you are not home. guess you'll have to seperate them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovin' the bags, ms g.
    glad to hear beau is doing well. hugs for your poor nerves.
    (((g)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thor sends great big arfs of joy to Beau. I hope you'll be able to get some sleep soon! Great bags - not complicated enough to make it hard to concentrate with your patient, but enough to keep you amused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bags, and I can see uses for each size. Seems to me you created a line of bags...

    Smooches to you and Beau this morning! (And the other houndies too...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I recognize two of those bags! They arrived in my mail this morning and were full of goodies. Thank you so much. And yes, they will be well-used. I'm feeling quite spoiled this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are cute bags!! good idea to put the bean bags in the bottom for weight, too!
    Big hugs to Beau...and hope you have some luck keeping him calm! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy to hear that sweet Beau is on the mend. I know how hard it is to keep the hounds calm when they start to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs