November 2, 2018

The Cutest Little Project Bag

If you read the last post, you know that I was contacted by The Sewciety and asked if I'd like to receive one of their first subscription boxes. 

I was honored to receive the box.  I did an 'opening' reveal on my IG stories and have it saved to my profile


The box itself is sturdy and has quotes on it.  It is suggest that you keep the box for project storage.  It would make a neat pile if you have more than one.  I plan to keep mine and put the supplies I need for an upcoming quilting class (who am I?!) into it. 

While I have every plan in the book to make the little top that was included with the box - my sewing time is so limited these days.  So, I made the little wristlet.  It was everything a quick project should be - quick, fun, easy and adorable! 


Once I trimmed the selvedges off the fabrics, I was ready to start.  I would say, the only thing I don't love about this project is the placement of the strap.  I wish it curved around one of the ends.  I tried doing that, but with the stabilizer, it really didn't want to. 


As you can see I used the lining fabric for the outside of the strap.  Just to add a little fun contrast. 

I will say, I had a little bit of trouble with the zipper insertion - but that was all me.  The instructions were clear - I just thought I knew better.


Again - super easy sew and I would make it again.  I love how the bag opens wide!  That both fabrics coordinate.  This project would be a great stash buster and make cute little gifts. 

I love that everything I needed to make this little wristlet pouch was included in my Sewciety box.  I would absolutely subscribe and get more boxes.


Inside of the pouch - see how wide it opens up?  I love it!  Did you get a Sewciety box?  What are your thoughts? 


2 comments :

  1. I did get a Sewciety box, and really like it! I haven't made the little bag yet, but I did download the pattern for the top and want to get to it one of these days soon. I liked how they included everything including the zipper and button and thread, and their notions were nice, too. Did you get the Leah Duncan tote? I ordered a 6 month subscription, so that came with my box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little pouch! Could be a great small project bag, or to hold knitting tools in a larger bag. Sewciety's idea of mailing a small project with all you need to make it is a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs