January 18, 2012

Left Overs

I knit a ton of socks! Even with most of the socks I knit being for people with a shoe size of 9 or better and some of them have very wide feet - I still have extra yarn left over. 

Those are not my leftovers, however.  These are Amy's leftovers.  I was looking at knitting The Beekeeper's Quilt - which is made from stuffed, knitted hexagons which are then tacked together into a quilt.  What a great use of leftovers.  What a long process - but I think I'll work on it.

The Beekeepers Quilt by Tiny Owl Knits


Somehow - while discussing this plan.  Amy offered to send me her leftover sock yarn.  She wrapped it up in tiny hanks and dropped it in a Ziploc baggie and mailed it.  I love them.  Her leftovers are so much prettier than mine!  And how adorable are those mini hanks? 

I think I'll work on a few while I enjoy the snow.

5 comments :

  1. Amy's a doll. She truly has the kindest, most giving heart!

    And yes, those mini skeins are adorable. Knit on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny hanks are just adorable! Hope you're enjoying the snow. (Ryan says it's his snow, BTW.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea. You can make one now and then when you finish a pair of socks and make it a long term project. It'll be great for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice selection of colors. Good friends, like Amy, are true treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think as long as you keep up with tacking them together instead of doing them all at the end... All of the ones I've seen in progress are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs