Last September I made a muslin of this dress, but labeled it as the wrong pattern and then set it aside waiting to get help from my ASG group.
In June, I drug the un-ironed muslin to the meeting and slipped it on. For the life of me, I couldn't remember what I thought the issues were - the muslin fit great! So I came home and cut it out of a bright crazy cotton print.
The pattern is Simplicity 3744 - it's a slimmer silhouette than I usually wear, but it was comfortable. It's not perfect, but it's very, very good and wearable.
Again, I moved the zipper from the center back to the side seam - that was pretty tricky to put in with the curves along my side.
Looking at the side view here - I can see I really need to get back to super hoola hoop on the Wii! I wore the dress out to dinner on Friday night and it was comfortable. I was very aware of standing and sitting straight and keeping my tummy in. The dress isn't perfect, the neckline is a bit too wide - and I'll think about how to fix that in the next version.
Happy July everyone!