January 31, 2011

Cardigan #1


For all general purposes it's done. 

I bought the buttons on Sunday - but haven't attached them yet.

This is a top down cardigan.  I added waist shaping - taking it in for about 4" above my waist and then letting it back out. 

It took 12 hanks of alpaca and I won't tell you how much I paid for per hank - suffice it to say this was an expensive cardigan which will become a staple in my wardrobe. 

It needs a little bath and when I add the buttons, I'll tack the cuffs up too.  They don't want to stay folded up where I want them.

So - January got one cardigan finished.  I might actually get 12 done this year.

13 comments :

  1. I am in awe of you - I hope this might be the year that I knit one sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Beautiful..... and it's okay if you splurged on the yarn if you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful my friend! You knit like the wind! I hope to improve my knitting skills this year, so I may be picking your brain if that's okay???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, you're off to a great start. It'll come in handy for the rest of the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous. It's lovely, and I have one cardi in finishing striking distance, but I need to finish a baby blanket first... I'll be happy if I get say... four cardis done this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, i love it, and i want one! What pattern did you use? And which alpaca yarn? I need more deets!
    ~veedogknitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I finally finished MY cardi this month, too. LOL...I might get one more done this year. :-) Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! Grey is a great neutral for so many colors. Enjoy it soon, and let us know when you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous ~ that sweater will be incredibly delightful to wear! Have fun choosing the buttons :)

    I have a tough time choosing sweater patterns ~ looking forward to seeing those that you select!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! : ) How long did it take you to finish it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...gorgeous!! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs