I wasted 2 weekends tracing the pattern and trying to add length and keep the integrity of the pieces. The first weekend - I tried to add the length just below the waist - I couldn't connect the lines. The next weekend - I tried adding the length just at the bottom - again, I couldn't figure it out.
But - in the end, I just made it the length in the pattern. Which was a good thing - because I barely had enough fabric to cut out. In fact - I had to cut the collar lining in a solid color. I also cut solid bias to finish the armholes. The fabric is an incredibly drapey poly jersey - and while it wasn't a recommended fabric - it did have enough drape to be able to pull it off.