This dress (yep - it's a dress) is the 3rd moneta I've made. This pattern is quick, easy and mostly flattering. In this knit the skirt is so very, very swishy! The bodice fabric is a heavy jersey I picked up at JoAnn Fabrics on my bonus Monday off after the July 4th holiday. The skirt portion is a stretch jersey ITY crepe knit border print that I bought from Fabric.com in 2011 (according to my order history), the top of this fabric was all white. Since I managed to spill something on the skirt today and every single time I wear white I can't keep food in my mouth - I did NOT want a white bodice. So - I took the fabric to JoAnn's to find something to work with it. You can't see it in the photos, but the bodice has just a tiny bit of sparkle in it.
|bonus pics of the poor maple firewood and stump!|
I did scoop out the front neckline a bit. I think the front neckline on this pattern is quite high. I did not line the bodice or use bands, I simply pressed the edge under 3/4" and topstitched it. I also did something weird with the sleeve hems - the appear to be curved - need to straighten them out!
Honestly - I'm not sure I love the skirt portion of this pattern. The skirt gathers to the bodice. My issues are my own problem and creating. Since I don't know how big my hips are or how much ease they need - I cut the skirt portion in size 3X. However, I cut the bodice in a large (um, yea - it could be slightly bigger). However - I left all the matching notches where they were because they large sizes aren't nested with the smaller sizes. This time I matched side seams and notches and gathered to fit. That means more of the gathers are on the sides rather than evenly spaced. I do think I'll take a page from Idle Fancy's book and pleat the skirt next time - or try matching the lady skater skirt to this bodice - or maybe flora ala Heather B.