May 18, 2009

spent the weekend away

with JB and had a lovely time. We had lots of fun, sun and met up with our old neighbors. We had a lovely room at a Bed and Breakfast in Wenatchee. We saw The Soloist, we visited local gardens, yarn shops and parks. On our way over on Thursday, we stopped in Leavenworth - a Bavarian themed town and dawdled around by the river, strolling, holding hands and talking. We tried to visit their yarn shop (but she's closed on Thursdays). Anyway, I suppose you are wondering what the pictures have to do with the commentary? Well, when we got home on Sunday, there was a box on the kitchen counter. Channon is constantly on the lookout for the perfect bag and she is a lover of Vera Bradley. Since she has drooly dogs and likes her bags to look nice, this one wasn't the perfect back for her. But it's fabulous! The print is so bright and cheerful and she offered it up for sale on her blog, along with the matching wallet. Well - she wouldn't take my money. Not only did she send the bag and matching walled - she included a sock (that's a story for another day) and treats for my houndies. Thanks Chan - it's lovely. I'll be switching over to it soon.

3 comments :

  1. Of course, Chan didn't forget the houndies! Those colors are great - just right for spring and summer! Glad you have a nice weekend; you needed it and both richly deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you two had a chance to get away and relax. It sounds wonderful.

    Love the colors in the bag. Chan sends the best doggy treats. My guys love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. :-) And I love the bag.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs