July 4, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Precut sewing project that is. I only have one top that was cut out in preparation of the Spring Sewing Retreat left to sew. This is Simplicity 4699 and it is super easy to make. The fabric is a very light weight, light pink jersey. I have no idea where or when I bought it. However, I think I got it at the same time as I bought the pink daisy print that actually got sewn up that weekend. I'm not sure if I'll ever wear this cute little pink top with the daisy skirt - just because I have two handknit green tops that go really well with that daisy skirt and it might be too much pink if worn with this top. Also, a correction to the post about my favorite Kwik Sew pattern. Apparently, I don't recognize my favorite pattern when I'm searching through the online catalogue. It's really KS 3159, I have never made the skirt - but I have at least 8 now. Most of them are scoop necked short sleeves, however I have changed the neckline a time or two and added long belled sleeves. This one was finished last week. Over the weekend I got most of the construction done but didn't get to the hems. Tuesday after JB left for work and before I had to leave, I managed to get the neckline and sleeve hems done and I hemmed the bottom on Tuesday evening. Most of the week, I have an hour after JB leaves before I have to even start getting ready for work. Generally, I drink coffee, blog and catch up with blogs. However, an hour is a lot of quality sewing time. My schedule maybe changing.

5 comments :

  1. You are so right about taking advantage of those short periods of time rather than waiting for the longer ones. I need to do that!

    Great tops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great time management, and very cute tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can never have too much pink, this girl says. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of these tops. Is the yellow the same pattern as the white one you wore with your new red skirt? It's a very form fitting, attractive top! We must like a lot of the same colors; I've yet to see one you're wearing that I would run and hide from....and if only I would take advantage of those stray hours here and there, I could do so much more....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs