October 17, 2017

Finally - A Concord for Me

Long ago in a far away land, I was a pattern tester for the Cashmerette Concord Tee.  At that time, I made a tee for The Musical One.  I loved it, she loved it - but I never made any more.  With this transition to a more casual wardrobe than what I'm used to - the concord has been buzzing around the edges of my mind lately. 

While I was working on something else, I pulled this lovely ITY Print that was a remnant from Carolyn's stash.  I loved it.  Honestly - I took horrible notes while I was making this - but here's what I remember:  I made a tabbed short sleeve, v-neck with the curved, faced hem.  I cut the length between the tee length and the tunic length - because that's what my fabric would allow.  I used a black and white polka dot remnant for the neckband, sleeve tabs and hem facing. 


While I love this top and how fluid it is - there are some things I could change in future versions.  


While I didn't really need the sleeve tabs for the short sleeves, I added them to add more of the polka dots.  I believe in the power of 3s when you are using an accent.  This helped.  Also, I love how the polka dot neckline looks lacey.  


Here - you can see from the side view that the back rides higher than the front - so for future versions, I need to add some length to the back pieces so the hem hangs even.  


And from the back view - I feel like I need a little bit of sway back adjustment.  

I know I graded between sizes, but don't remember which sizes I used.  The bust and sleeves are fine as are the waist, but the hips could use a bit more width.  I have plans to make this curved hem version into a dress - I think it will be fun and comfy and fit right into the kitchen of the B&B.  

7 comments :

  1. Really cute.. Love the fabric and the adding of the polka dots are just perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of fabrics! I've lost counts of the number of Concords in my closet but you just inspired me to make another one with contrasting neckband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version and your mix of fabrics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print is so pretty and I love the dots. I like the overall fit too...just a few minor tweaks, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're finding time to sew. Isn't it fun to wear whatever you want to work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The polka dots do make the neckline look lacy. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabric combinations! That looks like a great tee, and I think it will make a very comfortable dress, too. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs