September 19, 2017

Eleanor's First Stocking

Oh Gosh - I still haven't introduced you all to E yet.  The Princess and The Sports Writer had a beautiful baby girl on January 23, 2017.  She is just the most perfect thing ever.  I strongly advise everyone to have grand kids.  :D

E wearing a dress her Mommy wore as a baby.
Ravelry says that back in 2009 - I decided to knit new Christmas stockings for our family of 4. Everyone picked their favorite color - JB chose Eagles Green; The Musical One = purple; The Princess = hot pink; and I got lime.  The 4 original stockings are the same.

The Princess, JB, Mine & The Musical One's stockings
Then, The Princess got married. So, it only seemed right that The Sports Writer got a stocking. His stocking is slightly different than The Princess' and the rest of the family. Similar but different. This was gifted to The Sports Writer in 2014, after the wedding.
Leg of The Princess' Sock
Leg of The Sports Writer's Sock
We picked a soft pink and white for E's First Christmas Stocking - I say first, because as she grows up, she might want a different color and I'm okay with that.  As you can see - E's sock is similar but different from the others.  I really love the striped instep on this one.  I love the way the stripes look and the snowflakes across the top of the foot.

E's First Stocking


My favorite photo of The Princess & Little E

5 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I love Eleanor's stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive knitting! Love those grandbabies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too sweet and you are right grandkids are the best. beautiful knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrying on the stocking tradition with minor changes is really beautiful. If I were Eleanor, I would cherish that stocking forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making Christmas stockings both knit and cross stitched. Yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs