June 17, 2017

Hello? Is this thing on?

hello!  I swear I didn't really fall off the face of the earth - although it certainly feels like it.

I feel in love with this goat at a local shop
 When last we spoke - I was just starting to tell you all about our vacation in San Juan last summer.  Well, let me tell you - that vacation launched an epic adventure.  Way back in March 2016, JB had his 3rd shoulder surgery - at least this time it was on a different arm.  Then, in April or possibly May  - The Princess advised us that she was going to be a mommy.  That little revelation set all the wheels in motion.  You see JB and I have long talked about owning a bed and breakfast somewhere.  We've always stayed in B&Bs, and 85% of them time the ones we stayed at were for sale.  See, that way the owners were a bit more willing to talk with us about the day to day running of a B&B.  

So - JB did what he does best, he focused everything on researching B&Bs for sale within a 3 hours drive of where our grandbaby would be.  We had narrowed our 'ideal location' down to a handful of place - Lancaster, PA; Horse Country, VA; The North Carolina Coast; and Buffalo, NY.  (Don't ask me how that made the list - because nobody wants to go to Buffalo).
beautiful houses in Jim Thorpe, PA

We had a great vacation planned and then we decided to to a quick stop over in PA on our way home from vacation last summer.  You might remember we did the same thing after vacationing in Spain, flew to New Jersey to spend a week with the kids.  So nobody was the wiser.


On our last day on the East Coast we agreed to meet the Princess at Carolyn's house.  It was a great halfway point from where we were and where we needed to be.  

We found a charming little (5 room) bed and breakfast with a great history.  We were able to take a little tour around while we were visiting, but then we asked the kids to go check it out - this was 2-fold; 1) we wanted to know how far it was from the kids; and 2) we needed their opinion.  It's really hard to buy real estate from across the country.  We flew home in early July and conversations started - with a real estate agent to sell our current house, with a broker about a loan, with an attorney (because they are needed in PA when you purchase property), with another real estate agent - and the list goes on.  We sent our intent to offer letter and listed our home.  From there - everything is a blur.  Honestly.  

So - that's enough for today's catch up.  If you follow me on Instagram - you probably know the story by now anyway.  You can find the B&B on Instagram and on facebook and I'd sure appreciate it if you would follow us.

4 comments :

  1. I missed the whole thing until Carolyn posted about it. So glad the story is coming out now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I finally make the association: you, Carriage Corner, the sewing weekend Carolyn put together (I'm waaay over here on the left coast, what would I know). FACE PALM. You crazy kids! All the bestest luck in the world on all the fronts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sew glad you are back, don't mind the pun I just had to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs