So, I know just about everyone who blogs *loves* comments, right? They encourage us, inspire us and give the encouragement to go on and finish a project. Our readers can help us through a difficult stage of a project with their comments.
One of the things I enjoy most about blogging is the relationships I have built with the commenters. That being said - often people who comment don't have a visible email address so you can reply. I've set up the reply in my comments section. But it seems weird to reply to some people via return email and other by a reply in the comments. It also feels like the people who don't have a visible reply are being ignored - while that may or may not be the case.
So - help a girl out here. If you don't mind, please answer the following questions in the comments. I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle comments and keep everyone happy.
1. Do you like getting a response from the blogger about the comment you left?
2. Do you like checking back on a blog to see if you've heard anything?
3. Are you feelings hurt if the blogger replies to some (most) of the comments, but not yours?
4. Do you care if your comment is acknowledge?
5. Do you comment to build relationships?