February 20, 2009

Fit for a Princess

2::12 After my mini-rant the other day about knee socks with skirts, here I am modeling a finished pair of knee socks with the skirt I wore all day. Of course, what else would you wear with knee socks?
Specs:
Elegant Ribbed Stockings from Favorite Knits
Started: January 31, 2009
Finished: February 18, 2009
Needles: US 4,
5 & 6s
Yarn: Trendsetter yarns Merino IV Batik, 5 balls!
Cost: You don't want to know! Seriously. I had a gift certificate for the yarn, it was still $8/ball. I also needed to get 3 new addi lace circulars so I had needles long enough and in the right size for this project. So you all know that I spent more on the needles than the yarn, right? Thankfully, these needles will see lots of use in sweater making.
Extras: 2 yards of ribbon to run through the eyelets at the top of the socks. However, I didn't take into consideration how long these socks are and really - each sock needs 2 yards of ribbon. So, I'll be purchasing more.

7 comments :

  1. I'm not a big sock person, but those are adorable. They go nicely with that skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ribbon is a nice touch with the socks. And if you'd modeled them under pants, how would we see them? Let's not even talk about the other modeling options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I like the skirt with the ruffle at the back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! As for the price - the needles are going to be used on other projects so...... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are precious! And I love them with that skirt. Seriously, I think you need a pair for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo aaaah

    These are pretty pretty! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs