February 24, 2009

Busy Week

Because Monday was spent in the car all day long (seriously). Can anyone explain to me why it took 6 hours of drive time to get there on Saturday and 8 hours driving to get home on a Monday? Seriously! I felt icky all weekend - nothing really wrong - just off. Anyway, that means I didn't get a lot of knitting done on the way drive home.

So - my week looks like: Work Tuesday through Friday. I traded my Friday off for Monday off.

Saturday, going to Puyallup for some retail therapy. It's the Sewing and Stitchery Expo. I'm on the lookout for cute knit prints for some tops and maybe some wool for skirts. I have never really sewn with wool and would like to try it :)

Then Saturday night is poker. Which should be really fun because I'll be getting home late and JB has to work. Hopefully nobody will show up too early. I'll be doing housework on Friday night in order to get ready. I also need to get a bath for the dogs in - although we're heading into the "Rainy Season" so it's kinda pointless.

So, the photo? You a Harlot reader? Well she's Canadian. She has talked about Screech before, so with Cami planning a visit, she asked me to find it. It's just Rum from Newfoundland. It may be my coping method to get through this week :) Hope yours is good.

6 comments :

  1. That looks like some awesome-fun retail therapy! Have fun and I am sure you will find some great wool (and new patterns!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about feeling "off". I detest that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retail therapy will cure most ills. It sounds like lots of fun, can't wait to see the new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you're eager to get home, they make the roads longer, so it takes longer to get there. It's a vast conspiracy. They make the hills here steeper and more winding whenever I leave town, so the drive home is harder and takes longer. Have fun at the Expo, you lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, sewing expo! The one time I went I loved it so I'm sad I won't this year. I hope you find what you're looking for and just have fun being around all that creative energy. Oh, stop by my friend Cheryl's booth and say hi for me (Homestead Specialties). Can't wait to see what you purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've earned some retail therapy, and Screech. Love the name...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs