April 13, 2006

The numbers on the scale.

Caution - the following contains absolutely no sewing content, whatsoever. Proceed with caution. What exactly is it about the numbers on the scale? 3 1/2 years ago I joined Weight Watchers for what would be the last time. In August 2005, I decided it was time to get serious again and reach goal. I started weighing myself daily. At that time the numbers on the scale were definately motivation. I reached goal in October and Lifetime on November 10, 2005. My goal weight was set at the very highest end of my height so that I could acheive it. Since that time I have continued to lose poundage and am closer to my personal goals. I have continued to weigh myself daily, every morning. There are days, like today, where that number isn't the motivator it could be. Today it's saying to me, "You've already messed up, go ahead and eat that candy - you know you want it." Other days it's exactly what I need to help me take care of myself, you know the silly little things that I often forget - like drinking my water and eating veggies. I just don't understand why the difference. On the weight issue, how do you decide when enough is enough? Part of me says that I am happy with the number I'm seeing on the scale and another little part of my brain says, 'no, you could be lower.' Sometimes I will catch of glimpse of myself in a window or a mirror when I'm not expecting it and think - Wow, I look really thin, almost too thin. I have a longish face and the thinner I get - well you can just imagine. My collar bones stick out so far - in certain tops I look like I'm ill. But other times, I can't get past the tummy bulge. It's an interesting concept. Hope I find the answers soon. Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to do what I have been doing - eating well, exercise, walking the dogs, and weighing myself daily.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs