Pages

▼

Mini Birthday Vaca

On Friday the 22nd we drove up to visit my SIL in Canada.
JB decided we would drive straight through without stopping except for gas and maybe a bathroom break.
It was my birthday - I was less than impressed.

Saturday we did some shopping - I got about 4 new turtlenecks, a couple of t-shirts
some jeans and a pair of green cardis.
I also did a fair amount of knitting.

On Sunday we loaded into SIL's car and drove around to the wineries.
The Vernon/Kelona area is becomimg more and more known for their wines.
I don't drink wine - so I walked about with the camera and knit.

Me, JB, SIL.
Why do I thrust my hips forward when I stand up?
I swear I am not nearly as barrel chested as I look.  Ick!

Monday was JB's birthday and after stopping for a lovely breakfast
we drove straight home.
It was snowing in the pass - we drove the sportscar, not the SUV.
But other than a bit of slipping and sliding it was an uneventful trip.

All photos - except the one I'm in - were taken by me.
Next - I have some finished socks (lots of them again).
Birthday pressents and maybe, maybe some sewing to share.

10 comments :

  1. Hey, my reaction was that you are looking pretty good in that picture. But that's just my opinion. Looks like a good weekend, other than the minor slipping and sliding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Marjie. I thought you looked great! Pretty photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice trip. It's good to get away together sort of spur of the moment. Happy double birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos and you look great! I think you should try the wine though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I think you look great - stop being so hard on yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great photo too! :)

    Other than the drive straight through it sounds like a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very picturesque (that includes you as well ;).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiddo I've had worse birthdays - LOL At least JB got a nice breakfast before the death march began :)

    I thrust my hips out too. I think it's the desire to look posed... You look cute and what a nice mini (very) vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! I would have enjoyed the winery. And I think you look just fine in the pic. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you coming to see me. It may take me a bit to publish your comment - but I will get to them by the end of every day. If you leave a way for me to get back to you, I will. Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your opinions. g