March 3, 2019

BeeKeeper Cardigan

Summer 2018 Marie Greene of Olive Knits hosted her second 4-Day KAL.  This year the pattern was the Beekeeper Cardigan.  And it was very fun to knit!

Being the joiner that I am, I knit this baby up.  Not only that - but I talked to my LYS about hosting a cast-on party and got a bunch of people to knit along with me.

While I didn't finish my sweater in 4 days it took me closer to 6 weeks, but finish it I did.

Stats:
Cast On:  July 2
Cast Off:  August 13
Yarn:  4.2 skeins of Brown Sheep Prairie Spun in the honeycomb colorway
Needles:  US7
Mods:  4 sets of waist decreases and 6 sets of increases for my hips.  3x1 ribbing at the neckband, cuffs & front bands to match the hem.

I did not add buttonholes in the bands and I'm so glad I didn't.  While the sweater does close around me, I wear it open - All.The.Time!  I'm so glad I made this sweater and I want to make another using the pattern lines with a cabled design. 

8 comments :

  1. As always I'm in awe of your knitting skills! The cardigan is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't knit a sweater, a grown up sweater, in twenty years but I'm feeling a strong urge to start one. I have four ufos that I need to finish first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UFOs - meh. My knitting isn't inspiring me lately and that makes me so sad. Not even knitting socks has me picking up needles - I think it's gonna be cardigans and pullovers for a little while. g

      Delete
  3. It looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun knit! The construction is brilliant! I want to make another and create cables instead of the little 'bees' or honeycomb pattern - however you see if. g

      Delete
  4. Pretty detailing on the sweater! 6 weeks is really not long for an entire cardigan, or at least, I don't think so. Me, the non-knitter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 weeks isn't a long time, but 4 days is remarkable! Some people finished in 2! Seriously - 2. g

      Delete
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs