The quest for the perfect shirt dress continues. I made this dress back in March. The fabric is a linen blend and it's a pale pink and ivory stripe. I love the bodice of this one - there are 12 darts, front and back and the darts are topstitched. There is a bit of fullness in the back bodice but not enough to worry about.
The pattern is B5846. I made no alterations to the dress when I was cutting and sewing it. I should have added length. I ended up going back to JoAnn's to buy more of the fabric to lengthen the dress. I cut a band about 5" wide and sewed it to the bottom of the dress with the stripe running horizontally.
Photos were taken at the end of the day after working in my comfy commute shoes. You can really see how red my hair is these days. I felt pretty and girly wearing this dress - the skirt has some nice 'twirl' factor.
This past weekend - I was thinking about taking the bodice from this pattern and using the straight skirt to make the border print stand out. Might try sampling that in some 'throw away' fabric before using my lovely border print from New York. With any luck - I might have the border print sewn up before 2013 ends.